LG Display to Build OLED Plant in Guangzhou

10/15/2018 8:43 AM 

LG Display recently announced that its OLED production joint venture in Guangzhou, China, has been approved by the Chinese government. The new plant will be an 8.5-Gen (2,200 x 2,500 mm) production facility, established with 2.6 trillion Korean won in capital, of which LG Display will control a 70 percent share. The remaining 30 percent will be owned by Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development District.

 The Guangzhou OLED plant will mainly produce large-size OLED panels for TVs. LG Display will start producing 60,000 input sheets per month and will gradually ramp up to a maximum of 90,000 sheets per month. Adding that to the production capacity of 70,000 input sheets per month from LG‘s plants in Paju, the company‘s total production capacity of large-size OLED panels will reach 130,000 sheets per month by the second half of 2019. This capacity will enable the company to ship up to 10 million 55-in. OLED TV panels on a yearly basis. The start of mass production in Guangzhou is planned for the second half of 2019.


  • Email this Page